Edith Piaf’s song has little to do with the fact that life is hard, unpredictable and a bit crazy. “La Vie en Rose” is an outlook you choose, no matter what the realities of life may be. Of course, it’s much easier to be happy and dandy on some days than on others. However, no matter how many tough hands you’re dealt, I encourage you to do one small thing to make your life a little rosier each day. One thing that you have full control over. This could be:
- Taking a nice long bath (yes, buy that cheesy candy-scented bath bubble from Lush)
- Treating yourself to your favorite food or sweet (McFlurry and fries are my current choice. Yes, both at the same time like a pregnant lady :D)
- Listening to your favorite jams on full blast in your room (dancing in front of your mirror is mandatory, of course)
- Indulging in a new book or going to the movies solo
- Wearing your favorite outfit or accessory
- Buying that one small thing you’ve been thinking about for months – a new perfume, portable speakers, that new tea flavor
- Saying NO to the event you’re dreading but agreed to as a favor and spending some quality time alone just unwinding
- Watching a funny youtube sketch or TED talk, learning while laughing
The list goes on! It could truly be anything. For me, making myself a bit happier has been as random as painting my toenails a bright color, taking a long walk at dusk, checking out my Spotify new music suggestions, sitting in a cafe with a creamy treat and turning my phone off, etc. etc.
In this case, wearing one statement piece that brightens my mood all day long does the trick, too. My love for flowers and pants found each other in these rose-embroidered jeans from the Topshop tall section (bless them! They have a petite, curve, and maternity line too!)
Fit for spring, they’re subdued enough to pair with any solid-colored top, yet funky enough to add a bit of romance to even the cloudiest still-gloomy day.
Spring feelings evoke a yearning for transformation, embracing the fresh and new, excitement for warmer days and lighter feelings.
Let your wardrobe and self-care reflect the bloom outside 🙂
Love and rosy hugs,
Body suit: Asos, Jeans: Topshop Tall, Sneakers: Adidas
Photos by Sour Cherry Couture